Powder Coating Technology
Getting a great finish on metal parts just doesn’t get any better than powder coating. The powder coating process can produce a whole range of colors, textures and special effects, so there’s a style to please everyone.
When compared to painting with a brush or roller powder coating is a lot friendly to the environment, too.
To powder coat any metal item we follow four basic steps:
- Prepare item for powder coating, carefully removing all dirt, grease, stickers and previous finishes so the item is down to the bare metal.
- Spray powdered pigments on the item in our filtered spray booth.
- Bake the powder coating onto the item in our temperature-controlled ovens.
- Quality control check to assure that the finished product meets our exacting guidelines.
Powder Works Services
Powder Works can do more than give a new finish your metal items. We also perform the following services so that we can best prepare your item for powder coating and to produce your desired effect.
- media blasting
- All metal items need to be properly cleaned and free of old finishes, dirt and grease before powder coating. Media blasting will take off layers of dirt and grime to get down to the bare metal.
- chemical stripping
- Preparing the item to be powder coated is most important to achieving a quality finish. When blasting or sanding doesn’t do the job well enough, we can strip old finishes using chemicals.
- ceramic coating
- The powder coating process is not strictly limited to bonding colorful pigments to metal. We can apply ceramic coatings for certain items that must withstand heat, such as custom vehicle manifolds.
- special effects
- Besides selecting from hundreds of colors, you could choose special effects like wrinkled or hammered textures, metal flakes of many colors – some that even change colors with the sunlight!
- custom colors
- We have hundreds of colors to choose from, but if you need a certain color we can match it. Just bring in your paint or color sample and we can powder coat your item to match.
Visit our Powder Coating Image Gallery to see some of the finishes we can do for you!